Information For Faculty
Fall 2022 Finals Information:
- The last day SAS will process Notification Letters for the Fall 2022 semester is Friday, December 2nd, 2022
- All instructor referrals to the Exam Accommodations Center (EAC) must be completed on or before Friday, December 9 at 5 pm
- Students must schedule all finals in the EAC by Saturday, December 10 at 5 pm
Finals Block Schedule
Saturday- Sunday, December 10th and 11th
Block 1: 11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Block 2: 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM
Monday –Thursday, December 12-15th
Block 1: 8:00 AM-11:00 AM
Block 2: 11:30 AM- 2:30 PM
Block 3: 3:00 PM- 6:00 PM
Friday, December 16th
Block 1: 8:00 AM-11:00 AM
(The times above do not reflect the times that are available for your particular exams, they are the blocks that are available throughout the week.)
The Exam Accommodation Center (EAC) is located in the Hixson-Lied Student Success Center. The EAC has no affiliation with the testing centers on campus and students are required to meet with an accessibility coordinator prior to working with their instructors to schedule future exams and quizzes in the EAC.
- All exams should be referred to the EAC at least 1 week prior to scheduled exams/quizzes. See instructions on how to refer exams on our How to Refer Exams to the EAC page.
- All final exams must be referred to the EAC by Thursday of Prep Week. Exams referred after this date will not be accommodated in the Exam Accommodations Center.
- The exam should be received by the EAC by 5pm on the day prior to the scheduled exam.
- A reminder e-mail will be sent to the professor the day immediately prior to the exam date if the exam is not in the possession of EAC staff.
- If the exam is not in the possession of EAC staff at the scheduled start time, attempts will be made to contact the instructor and department via e-mail and telephone.
- The student will be required to remain in the exam accommodations center for 15 minutes as EAC staff attempt to locate a copy of the exam
- If the exam is not located within 15 minutes of the scheduled exam start time, the student will be allowed to leave the testing center.
- The Professor/Instructor will be responsible for rescheduling the student’s accommodated exam.
Printed exams may be returned by campus mail, pick up, or through Accommodate depending on the method selected within the exam referral.
Instructors may access completed exams after they are uploaded by EAC staff by following the instructions outlined below:
- Log in to your faculty profile on Accommodate.
- Click on the courses tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the course and section for the exam that was uploaded from your course list.
- Click on the scheduled student exams tab and select the approved exams section.
- Find your student's appointment and click on the exam linked there.
- Kurzweil, the text-to-speech software utilized by Student Accessibility Services, is not accessible with Lockdown Browser. If you utilize a Lockdown Browser for Canvas exams/quizzes, and your student requires Kurzweil, please provide a printed version of the exam to the Exam Accommodations Center. Instructions for printing Canvas exams is below.
- Accommodations for extended time on Canvas exams must be completed in Canvas by the course instructor-- see Instructions for extending time in Canvas below or reference the CELT page on Canvas accommodations.
Please Note: EAC staff do not have access to your Canvas courses.