Information For Faculty
The Exam Accommodation Center (EAC) is located in the Hixson-Lied Student Success Center. The EAC has no affiliation with the testing centers on campus and students are required to meet with an accessibility coordinator prior to working with their instructors to schedule future exams and quizzes in the EAC.
- All exams should be referred to the EAC at least 1 week prior to scheduled exams/quizzes. See instructions on how to refer exams on our How to Refer Exams to the EAC page.
- All final exams must be referred to the EAC by Thursday of Prep Week. Exams referred after this date will not be accommodated in the Exam Accommodations Center.
- The exam should be received by the EAC by 5pm on the day prior to the scheduled exam. This is required so that staff can prepare exams the night before to streamline the student check in process for the next day.
- A reminder e-mail will be sent to the professor the day immediately prior to the exam date if the exam is not in the possession of EAC staff.
- If the exam is not in the possession of EAC staff at the scheduled start time, attempts will be made to contact the instructor and department via e-mail and telephone.
- The student will be required to remain in the exam accommodations center for 15 minutes as EAC staff attempt to locate a copy of the exam
- If the exam is not located within 15 minutes of the scheduled exam start time, the student will be allowed to leave the testing center.
- The Professor/Instructor will be responsible for rescheduling the student’s accommodated exam.
Printed exams may be returned by campus mail, pick up, or through Accommodate depending on the method selected within the exam referral.
Instructors may access completed exams after they are uploaded by EAC staff by following the instructions outlined below:
- Log in to your faculty profile on Accommodate.
- Click on the courses tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the course and section for the exam that was uploaded from your course list.
- Click on the scheduled student exams tab and select the approved exams section.
- Find your student's appointment and click on the exam linked there.
For more detailed instructions, open the document linked here or view the video tutorial.
Accommodations & Canvas Exams
- Kurzweil is a text-to-speech software utilized by some students and can be accessed on all Canvas quizzes proctored in the Exam Accommodations Center.
- Accommodations for extended time on Canvas exams must be completed in Canvas by the course instructor-- see Instructions for extending time in Canvas below or reference the CELT page on Canvas accommodations.
Please Note: EAC staff do not have access to your Canvas courses.