Student Rights and Responsibilities
Certain rights to accommodations are ensured to students by Iowa State University, both students and staff are responsible for upholding these rights.
- Equal access to academic courses offered by Iowa State University.
- Reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access.
- Appropriate confidentiality of specific disability related information.
- Timely receipt of documents in alternative formats, once appropriately requested.
- Meet the University's qualifications and essential technical, academic, and institutional standards.
- Request accommodations through Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for each semester you wish to use accommodations.
- Provide current documenation of your disability as required by specific documentation guidelines.
- Pay for all costs associated with obtaining testing, reports, examinations, etc. associated with documenting your disability.
- Comply with all SAS and ISU policies and procedures, the University Code of Student Life, attendance policies, and academic standards.