Student Rights and Responsibilities
Certain rights to accommodations are ensured to students by Iowa State University, both students and staff are responsible for upholding these rights.
- Equal access to academic courses offered by Iowa State University.
- Reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access.
- Appropriate confidentiality of specific disability related information.
- Timely receipt of documents in alternative formats, once appropriately requested.
- Meet the University's qualifications and essential technical, academic, and institutional standards.
- Request accommodations through Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for each semester you wish to use accommodations.
- Provide current documenation of your disability as required by specific documentation guidelines.
- Pay for all costs associated with obtaining testing, reports, examinations, etc. associated with documenting your disability.
with all SAS and ISU policies and procedures, the University Code of
Student Life, attendance policies, and academic standards.