How To Apply For Accommodations
If you are a student who believes they have a current and essential need for disability related accommodations, our office may be able to assist you in receiving academic, dining, housing, facilities or assistance animal accommodations that help ameliorate the impact of your disability on campus. Please follow the steps below to learn how to apply for accommodations
Click here to complete the New Student Registration Form to start the process for applying for accommodations
Welcome Meetings are when our accessibility coordinators collect information about your experiences and needs to help guide you in the accommodation process.
In this meeting we will:
- Provide a general overview of Student Accessibility Services
- Respond to your needs, questions, and/or concerns
- Inform you about other relevant campus resources
What you can do to prepare for your Welcome Meeting:
- Collect copies of any documentation you currently have
- Review the accommodation guide on our website
- Think of questions to ask your coordinator
What comes after the Welcome Meeting:
- You will receive a follow up email with everything discussed in the meeting including next steps, resources, and accommodations we discussed
You can schedule your meeting through Navigate or by calling our office at 515-294-7220.
Please reference our documentation guidelines page linked below.