Exam Accommodation Center (EAC)
In order to maintain the quality and integrity of the services provided at the Exam Accommodation Center, the following guidelines, exam receipt requirements, and student expectations are in place:
- Only students with a Notification Letter or a Temporary Educational Assistance letter are eligible to take exams in the EAC.
- Professors/Instructors are encouraged to provide exam accommodations when possible. However, Professors/Instructors may work with EAC staff to arrange exam accommodations by completing the online referral form.
- Professors/Instructors must complete the exam referral form at least 1 week prior to the exam to assist EAC staff with scheduling.
- Student should confirm exam arrangements with Professor/Instructor at least 1 week prior to the date of the exam.
- Exams must be scheduled with the Exam Accommodations Center, drop in exams will not be allowed.
Information for Faculty and Staff
- All exams should be referred to the EAC 1 week prior to the scheduled exam.
- All final exams must be referred to the EAC by Thursday of Dead Week. Exams referred after this date will not be accommodated in the Exam Accommodations Center.
Exam Receipt Requirements
- The exam must be received by the EAC 1 week prior to the scheduled exam.
- A reminder e-mail will be sent to the professor the day immediately prior to the exam date if the exam is not in the possession of EAC staff.
- If the exam is not in the possession of EAC staff at the scheduled start time, attempts will be made to contact the instructor and department via e-mail and telephone
- The student will be required to remain in the exam accommodations center for 20 minutes as EAC staff attempt to locate a copy of the exam
- If the exam is not located within 20 minutes of the scheduled exam start time, the student will be allowed to leave the testing center.
- The Professor/Instructor will be responsible for rescheduling the student’s accommodated exam.