The Accommodation Process

Students requesting non-academic accommodations should still follow our regular process to apply for accommodations but may need to provide additional documentation or information dependent on the request. Our non-academic accommodations include:

  • Housing Accommodations
  • Dining Accommodations
  • Facility Accommodations
  • Assistance Animals
  • Residence hall on campus

    Housing Accommodations

    Housing accommodations are approved for students with medical conditions that require specific housing requirements.

  • Students eating at a dining center

    Dining Accommodations

    Iowa State accommodates a wide range of dietary accommodations in the Special Diet Kitchen at Union Drive Marketplace.

  • Iowa State building with flowers in front of it

    Facilities Accommodations

    Students with mobility or other disabling conditions that require specific classroom locations may apply for facilities accommodations

  • Prisa, an orange and white tabby cat

    Assistance Animals

    Students requiring assistance animals such as ESAs will need to follow the ISU animals on campus policies.

  • Handicap Parking Sign at ISU

    Medical Parking Permits

    See more information for students who require medical parking passes here

Department Contact Information

Department of Residence

Phone: 515-294-2900


Student Accessibility Services

Phone: 515-294-7220


ISU Dining

Phone: 515-294-3856