Neurodiversity Support Program
A multi-angled initiative to support neurodivergent students in 1:1 executive function skills coaching, provide social opportunities and first year guidance for connection, and collaborate with campus partners to promote neuro-inclusive practices through consultation, training, and resources.
1:1 weekly executive function coaching
- Time management
- Drop in group sessions
- Utilizes the Body Doubling strategy
- Check in and out with the supervising coach of the session for goal setting
- Neurodiverse Improv
- Facilitated theater games to help improvise life and build social confidence/comfort
- Alliance for Disability Awareness
- We are a student organization that advocates for accessibility and flexibility for all at ISU, practicing disability justice at our own pace, re-energizing with social events, and providing a supportive space for each other.
First Year Experience @ SAS modules (Canvas)
- Module 1: Navigating Iowa State
- Module 2: Adapting to Change
- Module 3: Exploring Community and Wellbeing
- Faculty and Staff
- Neurodiversity: Awareness and Access Needs
- Faculty, Staff, and Students:
- Access and Inclusion: The Diversity of Disability
- Monday: 2-4pm
- Tuesday: 2-4pm
Location: Lounge outside of the SAS main office (1060 Hixson-Lied). We will have a sign pointing you in the right direction or you can check in at the SAS front desk!
All coaching spots are full for the fall 2022 semester.
Neurodiverse improv is held on alternating Thursdays at 5pm in the lounge outside the main SAS office (1060 Hixson-Lied).