Information for Students
Exam Accommodations Center (EAC) Hours
8:00 am-5:00 pm Monday through Friday. All exams are required to be submitted by 5:00 pm.
All Exams Must be Referred to EAC by Course Instructors
- Students must remind their Instructor(s) 1 week in advance of each exam that accommodation arrangments need to be set up (ie. send a polite email to the Instructor asking about the location for the accommodated exam).
- Instructors may access the required 'EAC Referral Form' here.
- Students referred to the EAC will receive an e-mail from Exam Accommodations after the Referral form is submitted by the course Instructor. This email communication details the exam scheduling procedure--and requires the student to contact the EAC to set up exam date/time details..
- Students must contact the EAC atleast 3 days in advance to confirm scheduling arrangements at the EAC.
- All exams must be scheduled by 5:00 pm the business day before the chosen exam date. Monday exams must be scheduled by 3:00 pm on the preceding Friday.
- Walk-ins/unscheduled exams are not allowed.
The following items are not allowed in testing rooms:
- Cell phones
- Drink (other than water in a clear and lidded container)
- Back packs
- Electronic Devices of any kind
- Tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping devices of any kind
All items that are not specifically approved by your instructor for use during exam must be left in a cubby in the lobby.
Exam Check In Procedures-- Students will:
- Check-in at the front desk/reception area at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Present and scan student ID.
- Store all personal belongings in the designated area of front office.
- Please wait quietly to be taken to your exam room.
- Check-out at the EAC front desk, return exam and all exam materials in the exam folder provided. All parts of an exam must be returned, no part of the exam (including notes, scratch paper, formula sheets, etc.) may be taken out of the EAC.
- Cheating and/or any other form of academic misconduct is strictly prohibited. If academic misconduct is observed or suspected, the exam may be terminated and the incident will be reported to the course instructor immediately.
- During the exam students may not speak with, text, email or communicate with any other individuals (ie. test-takers) or access any other outside resources (ie. internet, phones, etc.).
- Late arrival: If a student is late to a scheduled exam, the end time will not be extended without approval from the instructor.
- Exam end time: All exams end at 5:00 pm. Exams may not extend beyond Exam Accommodations Center hours of operation (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.).
- All personal belongings, electronic devices, removable media, and/or materials not indicated by the instructor on the EAC referral form or approved on the student's Notification Letter must be stored in the designated area. If students do not want to store personal items outside of the testing room, do not bring these to the EAC.
- Students must remain quiet at all times while in the EAC.
- If a question arises during the exam, EAC staff will attempt to contact the instructor. However, it is not guaranteed that the instructor will be available and the exam duration will not be extended. The student may write a note to the instructor on the exam describing his/her question.
- No outside scratch paper allowed unless approved by the instructor on the EAC Referral form. All scratch paper must be turned in upon check-out.
- Restroom breaks are not allowed unless approved on the student’s Notification Letter.
- No food or drink (other than water in a clear and lidded container) is allowed in the testing room unless approved on the student’s Notification Letter.
- The EAC is monitored by security cameras with recording capabilities at all times.